With my husband having the day off today, we decided to get the paint and start painting the walls. We picked out a nice bright gray to give it a neutral look without making it too dark. We headed home but had to delay our painting, so my husband could take our son to his dentist appointment. While they were gone, I started working on clearing the walls of stuff. It was really gross to see all the spider webs and eggs hiding behind things. I think I will be calling out pest control people out here again this week once I clear out the junk! Once they got back from the dentist, we all put on our painting clothes and grabbed a roller, even our 4 year old. She and our 7 year old son went hard to work at everything four feet and under while my husband and I worked on everything higher. We got one wall done then the boys had to take off again for a 3D showing of Star Wars. My daughter and I worked hard on the next wall but she lost interest when we were almost done. My mom came over to help keep my daughter entertained, so I could finish. The regular walls were pretty easy, although the drywall soaked up the paint pretty quickly. The wall with the garage door was a little more challenging.The amount of dead bugs and spiders webs around it was bad enough, but there was also a lot of reaching around bars. I think I may just leave that portion with one coat since you don't see it with the garage door up and the dim light of the garage won't expose the difference in it just having one coat. That will save me a little labor for the next coat. I will hopefully finish this tomorrow. I am hoping that on Thursday, my mom will be able to come over, and we can sort and toss out some of the stuff then start to putting things in the shelves I bought last week. I got one plastic cabinet to store all my bulk items in and a wire shelf to put boxes and large items on. I will probably go back next week for one more shelf. I am also planning on buying some peg board for above the work bench. It will be a busy week!
One of the nice things about painting was removing the footprints from our walls. It looked like we had a ghost walking our walls with the bootprints the workers left when they walked on the drywall before they installed it. Here is a pic of one of the footprints before I painted over it. :)